Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Who Wears Short Shorts

As Summer is winding down (I can't believe it is September already),  I wanted to share some of my fave summer shorts outfits.  I love the versatility of shorts.  They can be dressed up for a night on the town or just worn casual for a day in the park.  Let me show you a couple of outfits I wore this summer.
 
 
Date Night

 
The top I am wearing is from NY&Co.  It is just a simple black tee shirt but the sequin lips glams up the shirt a bit.  This top retails for 22.95, but I was able to snag this top for $10 during one of their summer sales.

 
The shorts I am wearing are from Kohl's,  I could not find the exact pair of shorts but I did attach a link to a pair that are similar.  The brand of the shorts are Apt 9 and they retailed for $44.95.  If you don't know Kohl's runs sales every weekend or pretty much everyday.  I was able to purchase these shorts for $20 during one of their many sales.
 
 
My shoes are Tavia from JustFab.com.  I just love the cut out detail of this shoe.   Its made out of a faux suede material,  These shoes are very comfortable considering they are a stiletto.  The shoe retails for $49.00,but because I am a VIP member,  I was able to get them for $20 during one of their sales.
 
 
Casual Stroll
 
 
The shirt I am wearing is an Old Navy plaid blouse that I thrifted from the Salvation Army.  It was in great condition when I purchased it.  There are a lot of great pieces at the Thrift Stores.  That saying is true..."One man's trash is another man's treasure."  I do not know what the original retail value for the top was but I was able get it for $3.00
 
The white shorts were purchased from Walmart.com. The shorts are great quality.  I wore the quite often during the summer and they are still in amazing shape.  The original retail price for the shorts was $16,50.  But I was able to score them for $10,00.
 
My Shoes are from Target.  They resemble the Converse look without the Converse price.  I purchased these shoes for $19.99.
 
  

 
 
Brunch Outfit
 
 
My denim shirt is from Walmart.com.  I love this shirt.  Even though it is long sleeved, its light weight, so its perfect for the earlier morning  or evening chill of summer.  Its also great for transitioning from summer to fall and winter to spring.  The retail value for this denim top is $13.50,  I did pay full retail price but it I still faired better that comparable prices for the same top.

 
The red shorts are from New York & Co.  I love the vibrant red color of the shorts, which is perfect for summer.  The original retail price is $39.95, but I was able to purchase these shorts for $16.00 during an online sale.

 
 
Lastly, these cork wedges were purchased from Dots (a clothing apparel store no longer in business).  I've had these wedges for a couple of years but they are still my fave.  Unfortunately I do not remember the cost but if you interest in these wedges there are similar shoes sold online at JustFab or Shoedazzle.  If you become a member, the cost of the shoes average $39.95.
 
Thanks for visiting my page, please come back again for new posts or visit me on instagram @ stylishgal_on_a_budget.  See you soon.
 
-Stylish Gal Carryn-
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I was going to say I loved the white shorts the most until I saw the red ones! I should try to pick up some new pairs to rock next summer!
    Kyla
    Wanderlustkyla.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer short shorts sometimes, but only when I am around my husband that is haha not like literally out in public. I like these shorts that you have on those very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with NY&Co and Old Navy.
    I just went to Old Navy last week when they had their 50% off sale for dresses and I couldn't contain myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! you pull those off so well, good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stylish Gal,

    Lovely outfits! Here we call it capri shorts. My favorite capri shorts are from Uniqlo, probably because I got my size properly.

    For Urban Women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confession time: I have never worn short out for a night on the town... I'm clearly missing out! I'm also currently at odds with waistbands, but that's another story. These outfits are so classy and chic- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red ones are so cute! I need to incorporate more colour into my wardrobe and those are a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Florida and therefore love wearing shorts throughout the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shorts and a shirt is my go-to look at the moment as I am pregnant and they are super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute looks!!! I just love white shorts! I bought several pairs over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wearing shorts in the summer, they can be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete